Welcome to Our Website
Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC) was established under the Office of the President, by Statute of Parliament in 1992. The Commission is responsible for ensuring a focused and harmonized national response to HIV/AIDS throughout the country.
The Uganda AIDS Commission Act requires the Commission to oversee, plan and coordinate HIV prevention and control activities throughout Uganda with the following key roles:
- Formulate policy and establish program priorities for the control of the HIV/AIDS epidemic and management of its consequences throughout the country,
- Ensure proper planning and coordination of all HIV/AIDS control policies and programs within the overall program strategy,
- Identify obstacles to the implementation of HIV/AIDS control policies and programs and ensure the implementation and attainment of program activities and targets,
- Mobilize, expedite and monitor resources for the HIV/AIDS control program and activities,
- Disseminate information on the AIDS epidemic and its consequences in Uganda and on the program activities for its control,
- Supervise all activities relating to the control of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Uganda,
- Perform such other functions relating to the prevention or control of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Uganda, as the Commission may deem necessary.
Saturday, June 27, 2020 - 13:30
Thursday, May 7, 2020 - 17:30
Thursday, May 7, 2020 - 17:00