WE ARE HIRING
Job Title : Data Manager
Salary Scale : UAC 4
Reports to : Director Planning and Strategic Information
Responsible for : None
Purpose of the Job
Manage the data needs of the National HIV Response through developing and maintaining databases, regular analysis and data extractions, data reporting and dissemination for evidence based policy formulation, advocacy and decision making.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the process of designing and developing databases for the National HIV response
- Ensure accurate and consistent inputting of data received from key stakeholders (implementers and partners)
- Provide technical support to UAC and partner staff on the specific data requirements in relation to the key indicators of the National HIV epidemic and response
- Carry out statistical analyses and provide reports in various formats (graphs, charts, tables) to inform UAC strategic plan formulation, monitoring and evaluation and other needs
- Supervise installation, migration and upgrade of UAC databases
- Maintain and further develop the structures and formats of the UAC databases (E-mapping, M&E, Gender, Situation Room and Research or others), as required, incorporating ideas and amendments from UAC and partner staff, provided they are related to the National HIV epidemic and response
- Carry out Mathematical modeling simulations for the HIV/AIDS response
- Perform regular audits and troubleshoot the UAC databases to ensure data integrity and quality
- Support the implementation of NADIC strategy aimed at improving availability of information about HIV and AIDS to internal and external stakeholders
- Train UAC and Partner staff on use of the databases
- Provide analytical reports to inform the development of the Integrated Annual Work plan, quarterly and annual reviews of Integrated Annual Work Plan for UAC and Partner (Self Coordinating Entities, GoU, MDAs,
- Participate in the compilation of quarterly reports to HE the President, OPM, MOFPED, Development Partners and other key stakeholders on status of implementation of the national HIV response in conformity with agreed reporting requirements
- Develop procedures for backup plan, its execution and maintain documentation database design operating manuals for stakeholders of the HIV national response
- Evaluate, select and implement new database technologies and analyze such technologies’ suitability for existing infrastructure
- An Honors Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Management Information Systems or its equivalent from a recognized awarding institution
- A post graduate qualification in Statistics, Biostatistics, Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized awarding institution
- Eight (8) years of working experience in a senior management position in Government or an Organization of similar status
- Experience in data programming, processing and analysis through such statistical software programs as STATA, CSPro, SPSS, SQL, VBA
- Demonstrated knowledge of current programming methodologies and practices, including web based applications
- Strong knowledge of Uganda’s HIV/AIDS databases and Research products
- Experience in designing the structure of databases and writing appropriate interfaces (e.g. dashboards) and ensure data quality and security.
- Experience in training staff in use of database management software applications
- Knowledge of the DHIS2 system is an added advantage
- Articulate, analytical and decisive with excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to think independently and work under minimal supervision
- Team work, networking and interpersonal relations
- Knowledge of website and database management and maintenance
- Professional ability to handle sensitive information
- Ethics and integrity
Job Title : Procurement Officer
Salary Scale : UAC 06
Reports to : Director General
Responsible for : Procurement Assistant
Purpose of the Job
To coordinate and manage the procurement of goods and services of the Commission in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and other applicable rules and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and ensures implementation of the procurement plans and strategies for the procurement of all relevant goods and services for the Commission;
- Supports UAC Management in Contracts Management including preparation and issue of contracts and monitoring implementation;
- Liaises with the Legal Unit and Office of the Chief Accountant to provide the necessary bid documents to prospecting suppliers of goods and services to the Commission.
- Guides and advises the Contracts Committee, user departments and suppliers on the correct procurement procedures and recommended procurement methods and specifications;
- Liaises with the Legal Unit, Office of the Chief Accountant and the suppliers to ensure timely delivery of the procured goods and services and the corresponding payments.
- Supports the Contracts Committee and the Commission Management in taking early action to identify and address poor contractor and supplier performance.
- References, verifies and manages the procurement and disposal documentation and ensures their safe custody;
- Prepares periodic performance reports to the Contracts Committee and Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
- Manages the advertisement and sell of bid documents and maintaining a suppliers list.
- Coordinates the receipt, opening and evaluation of the procurement bids in liaison with the technical experts and user departments
- Monitors market trends and conditions and advise Management on competitive pricing;
- Plans, budgets, requisitions and accounts for the resources and performance of the Procurement Unit.
- An Honors Bachelors Degree in Procurement/Supply chain Management from a recognized awarding Institution.
- A bachelor’s Degree in a Non supply chain management discipline, plus a post graduate Diploma in Public Procurement Management from a recognized awarding institution.
- Or full Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management (CIPS) plus a post graduate Diploma in Procurement Management from a recognized awarding Institution;
At least Six (6) years working experience, three (3) of which must have served at a Procurement Officer level in Government or a reputable organization.
- Effective communication;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Good negotiation and communication skills;
- Expert Knowledge and understanding of the Procurement Act, guidelines and practices
- High morals and integrity;
- Concern for Quality and Standards;
- Knowledge of donor procurement conditions
Please provide a cover letter expressing interest in the job, a detailed CV, certified copies of academic/professional qualifications, employment experience including current position (attach copies of appointment letters), and contact details of three professional referees. Applications indicating the title of the position should be submitted to the Director General, Uganda AIDS Commission, on email address firstname.lastname@example.org
All attachments should be in PDF FORMAT
The closing date for receiving applications is 5.00pm on 10th December 2021.
Note: UAC is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.