On June 6th 2017, the President of the Republic of Uganda, His Excellency General YoweriKaguta Museveni, launched the “Presidential Fast Track Initiative on ending AIDS in Uganda by 2030 (PFTI). The Fast Track Initiative has five pillars:
1. Engage Men in HIV Prevention and close the tap on new infections particularly among adolescent girls and young women.
2. Accelerate Implementation of Test and Treat and attainment of the fast track 90-90-90 targets particularly among men and young people.
3. Consolidate progress on eliminating mother-to-child transmission of HIV.
4. Ensure financial sustainability for the HIV response.
5. Ensure institutional effectiveness for a well-coordinated multi-sectoral response.
The PFTI reports document the progress of the activities at national and decentralized levels.
Please click the link below to download the PFTI report:
Winning Together Against AIDS: A Report of the Presidential Fast Track Initiative on Ending AIDS as A Public Health Threat in Uganda by 2030