PFTI REPORT JUNE 2017 - DECEMBER 2018
On June 6th 2017, The President of the Republic of Uganda, His Excellency General Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, launched the “Presidential Fast Track Initiative on Ending AIDS in Uganda by 2030 (PFTI). The Fast Track Initiative has five pillars:
- Engage men in HIV Prevention and close the tap on new infections particularly among adolescent girls and young women;
- Consolidate progress on elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV;
- Accelerate Implementation of Test and Treat and attainment of the fast track 90-90-90 targets particularly among men and young people;
- Ensure financial sustainability for the HIV and AIDS response: and
- Ensure institutional effectiveness for a well-coordinated multi-sectoral response.
This report shows that within the first year; the PFTI has managed to set the pace that has been able to re center the HIV/AIDS response back to the priority planning list for all stakeholders in the country.